If you want to know foods that help gain weight, read on.
People who struggle with having excess weight, look upon skinny people as being the luckiest people on earth. They see them eating whatever they want and not gaining an ounce. But for the underweight person, who is not able to gain a single pound no matter what they do — they are living in a nightmare. They don’t feel lucky at all. They are tortured souls who would gladly change place with the people who have excess weight problems.
Undoubtedly, there are people who work hard enough just to gain some weight but they don’t know how to – you might be one of them too which is why you’re here.
But hey, if you’re thinking and wishing if you had to lose weight instead of gaining it because that seems easier, let me tell you something, losing weight is as hard as gaining it and it has been proved already – so stop regretting and start working.
How Foods that Help Gain Weight Work?
There is a way for hard gainers to increase their body weight and keep that extra weight on.
But as simple as the rule is — it’s not easy. In fact, it’s a major struggle. It can consume your every waking moment’s thoughts. It can drag your self-esteem into a bottomless pit — make you depressed, and lead to dark thoughts. But it doesn’t have to be this way — you can overcome this seemingly insurmountable obstacle — and you can start today, by eating high calorie foods.
What you want to do is snack in between meals to add more calories to your daily consumption – and this is how foods that help gain weight come to be an aid. A few chunks of cheese between lunch and dinner. Spread some Nutella on a slice of bread. Munch on some nuts, or make a trail mix as a snack. Eat a handful of dried fruit.
13 High Calorie Foods that Help Gain Weight:
While looking for high calorie foods that help gain weight, you want to add nutritious foods, ones that are good for you.
Begin by eating calorie dense foods like:
- Pure fruit juices — they have much more calories than in its natural state
- Nuts — mix them up and have them between meals
- Bacon — while bacon may make you think of all the fat contained in a strip, it’s so satisfying to have a few strips and it will pack on the pounds
- Dried fruit — another high calorie snack
- Cheese — I love breaking off a few chunks of provolone and those few chunks are very heavy in calories
- Dressings — pour them on your favorite cheese or other high calorie food
- Butter or margarine — 100 calories per ounce
- Guacamole — a delicious dip that’ high in calories
- Peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat — another calorie heavy hitter
- Salmon — healthy and calorie dense
- Bananas — I find it easy to eat two
- Olive oil — it’s good for you and high in calories
- Salmon — A calorie dense food that’s healthy and delicious
When you’re done finalizing that you want to put some weight on, it is must for you to work for healthy weight gain and build muscle mass because you don’t have to look fatty or jiggly type of person but a shaped one.
There’s a guide that help build muscle mass by a weight training that you should be considering.
Start today on your weight gain quest. Remember, any additional calorie you consume over what your body needs — and you’ve just packed on a little weight. So eat these high calorie foods that help gain weight and you won’t be skinny anymore.